Investing in Generali
Investing in Generali means investing in one of the world’s major insurance and financial services company, with 187 years of experience behind it and a future that it intends to build around the pursuit of sustainable and profitable growth for communities, clients, employees and shareholders.
Generali is one of the major global insurance and financial services providers. It operates in 50 countries with strong roots in Europe and a significant presence in Asia and South America. Founded in 1831, it is one of the oldest groups in the world, over time enhancing its level of innovation in professional risk management and financial asset management. For its strength and technical capacity it is one of the main anchors in the insurance industry, a sector increasingly strategic to the growth, development and welfare of modern society. In 2018, Generali presented the Generali 2021 three-year strategic plan, setting ambitious targets to accelerate the Group’s growth and offer high returns to shareholders, leveraging its strengths:
- Generali today is a leader for insurance in Europe with about €70 billion of premiums and a distribution network comprising 156,000 people
- Our Group’s stated ambition is to be a Life-time Partner to its customers, creating a long-term bond with them based on trust and on the ability to offer innovative, personalized solutions
- Our 3-year strategy is built on 3 strategic pillars of Profitable Growth, Capital Management and Financial Optimization and Innovation and Digital Transformation which will all contribute towards the delivery of the financial targets
- Within the 1st pillar of the strategy, the main goals are to strengthen leadership in Europe, focus on high potential insurance markets and develop a global Asset Management platform
- The goals of the 2nd pillar of the strategy include the increase of capital generation, the enhancement of cash remittance and the reduction of the amount and cost of financial debt
- The 3rd pillar goals are to become a life-time partner to customers, enable digital transformation of the distribution and transform and digitalize the operating model
- Our 3-year key financial targets are to deliver growing earnings per share (CAGR of 6% to 8% over 2018-21), growing dividend (pay-out ratio range of 55% to 65%) and higher return for shareholders (average Return on Equity of more than 11.5% over 2019-21)
- The execution of our strategic plan is supported by three key enablers: our people, our brand and a focus on sustainability
- Generali 2021 strategy is aligned with the Group’s sustainability commitments and refers to the creation of long-term value for our stakeholders; by the end of 2021 we undertake to increase premiums from environmental and social products by 7-9% and to allocate €4.5 billion to new green and sustainable investments.